Thursday, October 15, 2009

My mother never worked

Imagine a widower with three children who has just lost his wife. He needs someone to take care of his children and no relatives are around to do so, even if they were around, this wouldn’t be a long-term solution. Now he needs to hire a nanny to do the job and this will cost him a fortune if he doesn’t want to remarry. In addition, in the case of hiring a nanny again something will always be missing and that is the love and care of a mother for her children, the coziness she brings to home even by her mere presence and so many other unseen factors which are usually not appreciated while they are alive.
I agree that with modern technology and the new attitude towards having fewer children, it is much easier for today’s mothers to deal with the difficulty of children’s upbringing and housework in comparison with the difficulty mothers had in older times to cope with, however; the main struggles still exist and life has become more complicated in other ways.
Most people believe that the real job is when someone works outside the house and even husbands expect their wives to comfort them when they get home without considering that she has worked as well during the day. Although this attitude is changing and it has changed to a great extent especially for newly married couples, there are still some mothers and wives whose jobs at home aren’t appreciated the way they should. Still there exists a great number of housewives whose hard work and even their existence are taken for granted. If that is not a job, why is our answer to the question, “What’s your mother’s job?” is: “She is a housewife!”

3 comments:

  1. Ms Zoghi,

    Kudos for continuing to write posts, while maintaining such high quality!

    I wish you the best of luck and prosperity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I followed suit!
    Good luck.

    PS: My suggestions:
    1) permanent solution / long-term solution
    2) no relativeS
    3) her mere

    I'm all ready for counter-attacks!(Joking!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramin, thanks for reading my blog, and I'll correct what you mentioned right away :)
    Dear Mr. Forghanparast,
    mere knowledge of you reading my blogs keeps me motivated and when I saw your comment I cheered up. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete